Large New Round Rock Commercial Development Planned - Corner of I-35 and Highway 79
I read in the local Community Impact newspaper today that there is a huge new development planned at the northeast corner of I-35 and Highway 79. It will encompass the entire area fronting 79 from 35 to Mays. Current businesses which will be vacated include Bealls, Chase Bank, Hollywood Video, KFC, and the UPS Store, among others.
Among the components mentioned for the new development are:
- A four-star hotel with 200 rooms
- Conference center with 35,000 s.f. of meeting space
- Medical/professional office space (200,000 s.f.)
- 40 two-bedroom condo units
- 210 apartment units
- Large retailers (100,000 s.f. of shopping)
- New entertainment
- Public spaces, such as pocket parks, commons, and esplanade
When complete, the 13-acre tract will have just over 1 million square feet of new construction. The first phase is set to begin in early 2009.
More exciting news for Round Rock!
All images are courtesy of www.impactnews.com.
If you have any questions, please give me a call anytime at 512-796-7653 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are looking to relocate to the Austin or Round Rock area, you might be interested in checking out my online relocation package here: