A Quick Thanksgiving Note to My Family - I love you!
Simply put, I am blessed beyond what I deserve in this life. I wanted to take a few minutes to put into words what I am thankful to God for this year.
I didn't write my post on Thanksgiving Day for a couple of reasons:
- I didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle of other Thanksgiving posts (and there were a LOT of good ones)
- I didn't feel like blogging on Thanksgiving Day - too much food, family, and football for that
Although I think Thanksgiving Day is really important (which is why I try not to skip ahead to Christmas with our decorations, etc.), I also feel that I have more than my fair share of reasons to be thankful every single day.
- God - Thank you for blessing me so richly. I am humbled when I reflect on this.
- Pam (my wife of almost sixteen years)- You are my beautiful soulmate. You make me laugh (and think) and I wouldn't want anyone else to be my kid's mom. I love you - always and forever.
- My son Brandon - You, sir, are hilarious, talented, compassionate and loving. You're a piano master with perfect pitch, a black belt, and a natural comedy writer. You will also likely be the size of an average NFL lineman when fully grown. We're friends, right?
- My older daughter, Aleah - You are focused, supremely smart, creative, and cute. You have an artistic spirit, you read faster than any of us, and you are probably the best Monopoly player in the house (beat me fair and square the other day).
- My younger daughter, Abby - You are so sweet, and a highly verbal natural performer (don't forget cuddly!). Frankly, I think you have one of the cutest personalities I've ever seen.
- My unborn daughter (to be named later) - I so look forward to meeting you in April sometime. You have a very loving family waiting to get to know you!
- My mom - I thank you for putting up with me during those "tough" years (which I realize is euphemistic). I owe you a lot! My sense of empathy, intelligence, and my personality all came from you. I love you very much.
I could go on about material things or how much I love my career, but God and my family are completely worthy of center stage, so I am content to stop there.
Thanks for reading!
My RSS feed is http://activerain.com/jasoncrouch/rss