Office Move is Underway - Time for some fun!
File this one under "What if this happened?". My wife has always said that my sense of humor runs that way. Please don't take this post seriously.
I spent the better part of the day yesterday packing and moving our office. Today and tomorrow will be spent in much the same way. I just couldn't justify paying thousands of dollars to a moving company, especially when we have a lot of delicate computer equipment and files. I was thinking about some of the friends that I have made in the building during the four years that we spent there.
Hmmm...there are some other places that you spend four years making friends that you may or may not ever see again, so I think it would be fitting for us to leave (graduate) from this office in much the same fashion. In honor of the 20-year anniversary of my own high school graduation, I have concocted a few memorable pranks that I look forward to pulling off with my agents between now and Thursday. Of course, our entire office will have a sleepover in the parking lot tomorrow night.
Here are my plans so far:
- Toilet papering the trees surrounding the building
- Graffiti on the superintendant's office door (alternatively, I was thinking of attaching one of those "Radioactive" signs)
- Donuts in the parking lot as we make our triumphant final exit (of course, this will be accompanied by the proper soundtrack - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-AYAv0IoWI)
- Bringing a live cow into the foyer
- Parking our cars in a tight circle around the building so that anyone approaching will have to climb over a car to enter the building
- Moving other tenant's entire office into the courtyard outside the front entrance - he will be really upset!
- Rearranging and removing letters on THE ESCALADE building sign to read "EEL CAT HEADS"
- Having a blowout kegger that ends promptly at midnight on July 31st (when our lease is up) - let them clean up after us! They have a full janitorial staff, right? Afterwards, we will move outside for the Austin Texas Homes, LLC bonfire.
- Trip to South Padre Island with the entire staff of our office post-move
- Placing ads on Craigslist and Ebay offering entire building for sale for one dollar
- Filling every toilet in the building with detergent
- Rubbing combination of mustard and Vaseline on all of the hand rails
If you have any other ideas, I am all ears. We are going to make this the best and most memorable move ever!