Cool Places in Austin
What Should I Check Out When I Visit?
In a recent article in the Austin American-Statesman, four of the top local concierges were interviewed. They shared their ideas about Austin's best hangouts. Three of them are concierges with the Four Seasons, and one works at the 5 Fifty Five condos, which are atop the downtown Austin Hilton. By the way, if you are interested in purchasing a condo in the 5 Fifty Five or in the new Four Seasons residential project downtown, give us a call or email us soon. Here are some of the responses from the article:
Favorite thing to do in Austin:
- Attending the opera
- Art opening
- Enjoying one of the area's world-class restaurants
- Walking along the Lady Bird Lake hike-and-bike trail
- Discovering parks and greenery
- Enjoying the hill country
- Blues on the Green in Zilker Park (free concert)
Best live music:
- One World Theatre - "best place for jazz"
- Cedar Street Courtyard - "open air and relaxed", "love the patio"
- Elephant Room - "best jazz musicians show up"
- Cafe Mozart - "lakeside ambience"
- Jo's on Second Street - "urban hipness"
- Starbucks in the Arboretum - "relax with a book or computer"
- Austin Java - "great locations, great food"
- Cooper's in Llano
- County Line on the Hill - "beautiful view"
- County Line on the Lake - "when I am trying to impress someone"
- Salt Lick
- Lamberts - "live music, great food, casual setting"
- Matt's El Rancho - "best in the West"
- Vivo's - "healthiest Tex-Mex food you can get"
- Z Tejas on 6th Street
- Mount Bonnell
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
- Wild Basin Preserve
- Bull Creek Preserve
- Trails at Pedernales Falls
- Enchanted Rock
Place to see art:
- Blanton Museum (3 out of 4 votes!)
- Kathy Womack Gallery
- Las Manitas - "warm and friendly" "I have sent about 200,000 people there"
- The Omelettry - "very Austin, unpretentious"
Dinner with friends:
- Shady Grove
- III Forks - "welcoming, not rushed; simple, American food"
- Roy's - Hawaiian cuisine
- Eddie V's
- Truluck's - seafood
- Habana - great ethnic food
- Hudson's on the Bend (2 votes out of 4)
- Aquarelle - "traditional French, quiet"
- Wink - "intimate setting"
Place to see a movie:
- Alamo Drafthouse (3 votes)
- Arbor Cinema - "penchant for foreign films"
Place people should know about:
- Barton Creek Greenbelt
- Mandola Winery in Driftwood
- Wink (again)
- Picnicking on the grounds of the State Capitol - "like Central Park"