Buyer's Agents in TexasAs of 1994, the state of Texas authorized buyer's agency. In Austin, and throughout the state, buyers can choose an agent to work exclusively on their behalf. Specific benefits include:
1. Buyer's agents are almost always paid out of the proceeds of the sale by the seller or builder, so we always recommend using a Realtor, even if you choose another agent or team, as it will cost you nothing.
2. Many people do not realize that it is advantageous to have an agent on a new home purchase as well. We have "gone to bat" for our clients on a number of occasions, when there have been problems with home builders. While the salespeople who work for home builders are usually very ethical and fair, they are also employees of the builder and are bound by their relationship to their employer. They do NOT specifically represent the home buyer, as we do.
3. Buyer's agents have certain responsibilities that are defined by the Texas Real Estate Commission, which regulates all Texas Realtors. First and foremost, we are required to place your needs above our own when representing you in a real estate transaction. More specifically, the buyer's agent owes the client:
- Reasonable Care & Diligence
- Accounting on all Matters
4. The agent must treat all parties in the transaction honestly and fairly.
5. We provide buyer's agency at absolutely NO COST to you, the home buyer.
While we do not require all home buyers to sign a buyer's agency agreement, it is often better to do this so that our relationship is formalized.
If you are looking for an agent who will represent YOU during your purchase, give us a call today at 512-328-8000!