Hidden Gem in the Rain - Some of My Best Friends on AR
After looking through some of my favorite writers, I have chosen two of my best friends, who have a whopping 39 posts between them. I hope that this small bit of recognition will encourage them both to write more, as they are some of the sharpest writers I have encountered here so far. Sorry - I couldn't pick just one.
Jennifer Bukaty is an incredible writer with the soul of a poet. If you have missed her posts, you have missed something very special. You don't just read her writing, you experience it. I promise that you will not be disappointed if you comb through her blog. However, you may need a dictionary handy or perhaps a literature professor. :-) My personal favorites from Jennifer are I am Brave and Far Away Home, which was the first post of hers that I actually commented on back in September.
Elaine Hanson is another friend of mine, and I can confidently state that she is among my very favorite commenters as well. If you can manage to coax Elaine into commenting regularly on your posts, you will be a very happy camper, as she always adds something of value, and many times it is something that makes me laugh hard enough to fall out of my chair. My only complaint about her blog is that she doesn't write more often! Her latest post was featured: Ethics and the Floor Agent -- What is Up?. This one of hers made me cry openly (thankfully I was at home at the time): The Circle Game.
Here are the rules for the "Hidden Gem" Challenge:
- Go find yourself a "Hidden Gem" in the Rain....a post or member that was not recognized that you feel should be
- Write a post about why you chose your particular member and/or post include a link to their blog in your post and pick 2 other members to do the same as you...
- Your headline should include " Hidden Gem in the Rain "
- Post it to Blast from the past ! and Active Rain Newbies as well as any other groups you feel would fit the guidelines for this ( if not a member please join we have good stuff going on in there :) ) Blast from the past !
- Send a quick email with a link to the post you have written to the members telling them what you have done and that it's their turn to do the same..and give back in the rain...as well as your "chosen" member to find another gem
- As the post's start rolling in on "Hidden Gems" you may want to include a link in the comment section to other post's...this will also help some along.
Happy hunting for "gems" in the rain !
I am tagging the following people to find "GEMS" of their own:
Jeff has been around AR for quite some time now, and he seems to read and comment a lot, so I have a feeling that he will be able to unearth some great jewels out there. Having spoken with Jeff a number of times, he and I have become good friends and I look forward to his "finds".
Candace (or "Candi", as she is known to friends) is a brilliant HTML designer, and a wonderful and loyal friend. She is another of my AR friends that I have spoken with on the phone a number of times. I will certainly be interested to see whom Candi selects.
Thanks to everyone listed above for your contribution to the Active Rain community!