Staging Your Home to SellOne of the key components to a quick home sale is staging. Many agents completely overlook this crucial step in the selling process. Some of the primary things that occur during staging include: new carpet or paint (only if necessary), rearranging furniture, and eliminating anything which keeps the potential buyer from imagining themselves as the owner of your home.
Our Realtors are very skilled at assisting home owners with the staging process. When we come over to initially evaluate the home, we will take a little time to suggest things which may improve your chances for a quicker sale. This is part of our belief that we should be honest in our dealings with all clients. This foundation has grown our business over the years.
Sometimes, it's harder to understand what the problem areas are with your personal home, so we try to present things as a BUYER will see them, because we work with so many home buyers throughout the area and in all price ranges. Our recommendations may cost a bit of money upfront, but we usually try to make suggestions that will benefit your bottom line later or increase your chances of selling.
Some things you should attempt to evaluate:
- Is my carpet too old/worn/dirty to be appealing to someone about to purchase a home?
- Could our furniture be rearranged or could I store some of it for a short time to make our rooms seem larger?
- How much clutter is there on the counters of my kitchen or bathroom? How much could I put away or do without for awhile?
- Should I consider a fresh coat of paint?
- Are there any minor (or major) repairs that I need to take care of before I put a "FOR SALE" sign in the yard?
Depending on the circumstances, we are also willing to show you some of your competition (i.e. other homes nearby that are also for sale) in order to give you a good idea of what buyers are seeing along with your home. We would love to speak with you regarding the sale of your home, condo, townhome, ranch, or other property anytime. Please feel free to contact us by phone or email. Our contact information is below. We look forward to helping you with a smooth home sale!