Help Musicians On Call to Bring the Healing Power of Music to More People (Spread the Word, too!)
A couple of months ago, we were pleased to meet Danny Brown on our online radio program, Social Media Edge. Danny is the founder of 12for12k, which has the exciting goal of raising $12,000 for 12 different charities throughout the year.
This month's charity focus is Musicians on Call, which seeks to bring both live and recorded music to hospital patients. They have the Bedside Performance Program, along with a "CD Pharmacy", which provides an extensive library of CD's along with players, free of charge. They even work with patients to help them write and produce their own music via the Project Playback program.
- $10 brings one song to the bedside of a patient in a healthcare facility
- $50 brings 5 songs to the bedsides of patients in a healthcare facility
- $150 brings music to 15 patients through MOC's Bedside Performance Program
- $250 buys 20 "Discmen" for a CD Pharmacy so patients can listen to music in their beds
- $500 brings the Performance Program for three weeks to a healthcare facility
- $1000 brings the Performance Program for six weeks to a healthcare facility
- $2500 creates a CD Pharmacy in your name or in honour of someone
- $5000 brings the Performance Program for six months to a healthcare facility
- $10000 brings the Bedside Performance Program to a healthcare facility for one year
This video gives more details:
Below, you will see a ChipIn widget. If you're interested in donating to this worthy cause, just click the big green button to get started.