Forbes Magazine Article Names Austin, Texas #3 on its "recession proof cities" list
Once again, Austin, Texas has made national news. Forbes.com has named Austin #3 on its new list of "Recession Proof" cities. The top two cities were Oklahoma City and San Antonio, TX.
The top 50 largest metro areas were ranked on a scale using three major factors, namely:
- Unemployment rate - Which areas added the most jobs over the past year?
- Real estate prices - Which areas posted the largest annual gains in median home price over the past year?
- Gross metropolitan product growth - How would rising foreclosures and falling home prices affect overall levels of productivity in the local economy?
Among the statistics cited were the following:
- Austin's low unemployment rate of 3.6%
- The median home price in Austin remains under $200,000, and it rose over 6% this past year
- Texas cities are much easier to afford for a large percentage of the population, since there is still a lot of open land.
For the full list, along with the entire text of the article, visit:
If you have any questions about Austin, please give me a call anytime at 512-796-7653 or email email@example.com.
If you are looking to relocate to the Austin/Round Rock vicinity, you might be interested in checking out my online relocation package here: