Austin Named # 4 on Forbes.com list of "Best Cities for Home Sellers"
Austin was recently named the #4 city on Forbes' "Best Cities for Home Sellers", which analyzed the top 40 metropolitan areas around the country. Austin currently ranks 16th on the list of largest metro areas.
Factors used to determine this year's rankings included:
- 2007 unsold vacancy rate
- How much the market had tightened or loosened when compared with 2006
- Construction starts - tracked by the National Association of Home Builders
- Job creation
- The degree to which new conforming loan limits from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae will improve each market's lending conditions
Among the factors cited for Austin specifically:
- Vacancies have remained steady at a healthy 1.5%, according to the article.
- Austin has the BEST JOB GROWTH IN THE COUNTRY, at 4.1% over the past year
I would like to thank Margaret Woda for bringing this article to my attention.
Clearly, there are plenty of good reasons to make Austin, Texas home. To access the full text of the article and the list, visit:
If you have any questions about Austin, please give me a call anytime at 512-796-7653 or email email@example.com.
If you are looking to relocate to the Austin area, you might be interested in checking out my online relocation package here: