300 Posts - A Promise Made is a Promise Kept
This is my 300th post on Active Rain, and I finally figured out recently why there is a disparity between the number on my profile and the number which shows up on the dashboard. When I first started, I made a few posts directly to various groups, and those don't count on your dashboard total nor do they garner any points.
At any rate, when I did my 200th post about 2.5 months ago, I mentioned that I would be using a graphic from the movie "300" when I hit this particular milestone. My friend Krista Fuchs commented:
That's awesome congratulations! I can't wait until you get to 300, that movie was awesome! I never saw so many ripped abs in my life!
Since I am a man of my word, you can see the result above to the left.
Now, here are some facts about the number 300 that I felt were worthy of including here:
- 300 is a perfect bowling score
- 300 is the lowest FICO credit score possible
- The #300 movie on the all-time US box office chart is "The Patriot"
- Peter King of Sports Illustrated ranked the Top 500 Players in the NFL this year - Tank Johnson (Dallas Cowboys) placed at #300
- On the Rolling Stone list of the Top 500 Greatest Songs of All Time, Madonna's "Like a Prayer" placed in the 300th spot
- There is a vehicle called the Chrysler 300
- According to one radio station list I located online, Def Leppard's "Photograph" was the 300th most requested song by rock station DJs
Thanks for indulging me for a minute. Also, the following paragraphs appeared (with some minor tweaking) in my 200th post. I didn't see much that was worth changing.
I wanted to also take a second to thank all of my subscribers! There are 350 of you as this is being written. I am so thankful to those of you who continue to support my efforts here, and to those of you who have referred friends and family to me. I always try to handle referrals like gold.
Active Rain continues to amaze me, and I am happy to have made numerous friends during my time here. Again, thank you for reading and God bless you.
Next stop - #400!